Thursday, September 8, 2011

Sitting down and Watching Class



A day before the yoga class, I got huge bug bite on my left ankle and it swallowed whenever I walked and did stretching! :( So I don’t have the choice but to watch the class sitting near my classmates on Sep.1. For the basics in class, there were Child pose, Table pose, Mountain (& tall mountain) pose, down facing dog, cobra, Tadassana, and Savagana pose.

Actually, every name of the position still seems for me to very hard to memorize, although those positions are quite lower level than other positions which this class will cover. And while I follow what professors tell me to do, sometimes I can’t catch up at the verbs that expressing the positions or names of our body parts in English..

Studying English for several years, but I’m still awkward with them..

But I tried to more focus on the sequences of positions and the flow of the movements.

And after the observation, I realized that watching what the professor’s doing first will be much helpful for me when I practice alone. As doing so, I think I can be more aware of how I can move the right muscles and how to breathe as doing poses.

I also realized I need to know the exact name of the positions so that I can find those in books or online videos later and practice on my own without my professor. I might not perfectly remember all the positions or not perfectly follow what she says, yet, I think I will feel more interesting parts of the yoga class day by day.

 Most interesting part was the meditation for 5-10 min at the start and end of the class. While we was lying on the floor, closing the eyes with open arms facing palms upward, and letting go of all the judgements to concentrate and soften inside the body. Unless there are noises near the classroom, I think this is my favorite part in the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment